Monday, December 19, 2011

Football Wedding Couple Cake Topper

My fiance and I love the cake topper. But a little nervous about ordering it after reading some reviews about the quality of this section / how it was painted. WE LOVE IT! This is perfect for us! We could not be happier! Also added, was sent quickly and in excellent condition.

This is a very cute top, and looks like a piece of quality. The only problem with the peak on the cake was that it was too tilted to remain upright in place. Frosting on the cake they are not very thick so it may be something to do with it. Cake has not been out very long, so I know it's not the temperature of the cake that was the problem. Frankly, I think buttercream frosting is just too soft and thin. We ended up kind of a light push of the groom a little further into the cake, but for a while we tried to use a toothpick to keep him from falling and bringing down the bride with her ​​... not successful. So I have a wedding photo of the groom who looks like he can not support his bride, but it is a fun event so nothing to really worry or care too much about it. I would suggest that if you get a peak, make sure you secure attachment again as short-kebab sticks or pieces of plastic or something to the bottom and then stick it into the cake so that it has better support and keep playing football they pair off.
Football Wedding Couple Cake Topper
Overall I like the product. It's not exactly like the picture because I think they are all "hand painted" so that some parts look a bit amateurish, but I still like it. I do not like how it takes way longer than the expected delivery window, but a great cake topper.